CCBC Gyms - Conditions of Use
Conwy Country Borough Council Conditions of use
Important - You should read these terms and conditions carefully before taking this membership. If you do not understand any part, please ask for clarification.
The following conditions of use are for your safety, enjoyment of the facility and security of the equipment that you will use.
- Induction Process – You must complete one of the following options before accessing our gym facilities:
- Face to Face Induction – A gym induction is required at your chosen CCBC Leisure Centre Gym prior to using each facility. In order to use other CCBC Leisure Centre Gyms, users can book an Express induction on request. This session must be booked in advance.
- Online Induction – You are required to complete the online induction prior to using our CCBC Leisure Centre Gym facilities. The online induction will familiarise you with the gym equipment. As part of the terms and conditions, all videos must be viewed before using the facility. Upon completion, an online refresher/express induction can be accessed at Ffit Conwy if one is required.
- Personal Safety – You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely, before you use our equipment and facilities you should get advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- Equipment Safety – During the induction you will learn how to safely and effectively use the equipment within the Gym, including any emergency measures on machines.
- Access to the Gyms – All members are required to report to reception on each visit. Some facilities will require a key code. You will be given a code on each visit. This code is confidential and should not be given to any other user or non-user. Users found giving the code to others will not be permitted to continue using the facility.
- Maximum number - Each facility has a maximum number of spaces available every hour. In order to avoid disappointment, please pre-book your sessions. Each session should last no more than 60 minutes. Please don’t stay over your allocated hour.
- Problems - If you are unsure of anything in the facility please speak to the instructors either face-to-face, or contact reception for assistance. Please report any faults, issues or broken equipment to the instructors or reception as this will speed up the repair process and limit the down time of the equipment.
- Hygiene & Comfort – Paper towel and spray is available, please use this to wipe down the equipment for the comfort of the other users. Please dispose of used paper towels in the bins provided. Ensure appropriate fitness clothing and footwear is worn at all times. It’s advisable to keep hydrated during your workouts so please bring some water or in some facilities this may be available in reception. Use of a gym towel is advised for your personal comfort.
- Gym Etiquette – Please be considerate of other users when exercising. Maximum workout on each item of C.V is limited to 20 - 25 minutes during busy periods. All weights must be returned to the rack after use. Please do not open the windows, contact a member of staff if this is required.
- Emergency – In the event of their being an accident or incident in the gym, please raise the alarm immediately with the nearest member of Leisure staff.
Statement: I have read and understood the above conditions of use. I will adhere to these conditions at all times.
Initial payment and Monthly Subscriptions
To join, you may pay the subscription fee in monthly instalments or as a single payment at the beginning of your membership. The single payment will entitle you to 12 months of membership. If you wish to pay monthly you will need to complete and valid Direct Debit Mandate and pay a pro-rata amount in advance, which will be payment up to the chosen date of your first Direct Debit instalment. All fees which have been paid are strictly non-refundable. Your membership will be valid from the day that you join.
Customers are responsible for notifying the Leisure Centre and their own bank if they wish to cancel a Direct Debit. The annual fee will normally be set in April of every year for the following 12 months. Conwy County Borough Council reserves the right to review the payment at any time and will provide written notice of any change. Your membership is personal to you and is not transferable to anyone else.
Cancellation of Booking by Customer
Bookings must be cancelled at least 1 hour in advance of the start time of the booked activity.
No refunds will be issued. However bookings can be transferred by contacting the Leisure Centre direct, providing at least 1 hour notice is given.
Pre-paid books of tickets will be credited by the Leisure Centre Manager provided at least 1 hour notice is given.
Activities such as Badminton and 5-A-Side must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the booked activity.
No refund of membership fees will be made if a facility or activity booking is cancelled by the member.
Your cooperation in following the cancellation policy will enable us to re-allocate your space to other members.
Failure to attend a booked activity
Members who do not turn up for a class that they have booked, or who cancel with less than one hours’ notice, will have their account blocked. In order to unblock their account, the member will need to contact us, either by email or by phone.
We encourage all members to ensure that they swipe in for any classes that they attend. Our reception teams have been reminded of the importance of recording every attendance.
Cancellation by the centre
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any booking without giving any reason, to refuse admission to the centre, to reject an application of membership and to withdraw membership.
We can add to, change, withdraw or cancel facilities or activities from the centre without notice. This includes closing a centre or changes to its opening hours for safety reasons, maintenance or special events.
No refund of membership fees will be made if a facility or activity booking is cancelled by the centre.The centre will not be liable for any other expenditure incurred or loss sustained by the customer arising from the booking online or cancellation.
Payments up front
All Pay As You Go Customers will be required to pay for their activity at the point of booking.
Credit Card Charges
There is no charge for using your credit or debit card.
If you have any existing medical conditions you are strongly advised to consult your doctor or medical adviser to seek medical approval before commencing any exercise programme.
I declare that to the best of my knowledge I know of no reason why I should not participate exercise. I take part in any exercise at my own risk and waive any legal recourse for damages to myself or my property arising from my participation.